[dev] Re: horde related spec files

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue May 6 12:46:53 PDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Soos Peter <sp at osb.hu> wrote:

> First I have to say thank you for your horde RPM packages.

You're welcome!  :-)

> I have some horde related spec files for RedHat Linux 9. Main feature
> these spec files is heavy macro usege, so building new horde component
> RPM package is easier by modifying an another spec file. Please take
> look on them. As I see you missed pear-1.0.1 source from your php
> package. Please add a Source: line for it to make easier to build it
> from SRPM.

Thanks; a lot of good ideas here.  I've committed several of them, but I'm
not sold on a few of them yet.  Further discussion very welcome.

(1)  I do think symbolic names and variables are a good idea for things
that will change; e.g., the version of PEAR, or whether or not to compile
Oracle support etc.  But I'm having a hard time seeing how "horde" would
ever be anything but "horde" inside horde.spec, etc.  Making a new .spec
is pretty easy, just copy-paste once and then it won't change.

(2)  You changed perl from Prereq to BuildPrereq but I do mean Prereq
there -- perl is used in the install/uninstall scripts.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html