[dev] Functional & Design Specification: VFS with Version control and Life-cycle management

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 6 17:17:33 PDT 2003

Quoting "amith at xalan.com" <amith at xalan.com>:

> So are you proposing to turn Gollem into this or develop a new app?  I
> think you will have to develop a new one because certain backends in
> Gollem make it difficult to implement this type of system.  My company was
> interested in this, and attempted to enhance Gollem to do this, but
> certain features (some of which you describe below) could not be supported
> on all the backends used by Gollem. So I think making a new application
> would get around this.  And based on your e-mail it sounds like you want
> to go in this direction.

The other option is for the VFS to advertise what capabilities it has, and
for Gollem to adjust accordingly. I'm not convinced at this point which is
"right", or if it's a toss-up, but I think that the introspection should be
there, at least.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.