[dev] config / xml

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Wed May 7 01:14:40 PDT 2003

While this is being considered, I'll pipe up and say it would be
beyond wonderful if we could specify not only "this backend requires
these parameters" but have different defaults for each backend and
have the entries change when you change the dropdown.  For example, I
use postgresql; we provide defaults for all fields, but although you
can choose pgsql or several other DB backends, you're stuck with the
MySQL defaults in all fields.  I'd like to be able to click pgsql and
have it change the fields to the pgsql values (e.g. socket to
/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 and port 5432).

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening