[dev] config / xml

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Wed May 7 08:24:04 PDT 2003

Quoting "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus at horde.org>:

> While this is being considered, I'll pipe up and say it would be
> beyond wonderful if we could specify not only "this backend requires
> these parameters" but have different defaults for each backend and
> have the entries change when you change the dropdown.  For example, I
> use postgresql; we provide defaults for all fields, but although you
> can choose pgsql or several other DB backends, you're stuck with the
> MySQL defaults in all fields.  I'd like to be able to click pgsql and
> have it change the fields to the pgsql values (e.g. socket to
> /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 and port 5432).

yes, i was thinking of somehow chain-linking the fields and use something like
setconditional_value action to then update a set of fields within the config
based on the one "selector" field. was thinking of having it as an addition to
the sections in horde_form, but never got round to working out a syntax for
conf.xml in the end...

marko

ps. catching up on your email? :)