[dev] Deny permissions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 27 19:20:10 PDT 2003

Quoting Jason Rust <jrust at rustyparts.com>:

> Saw that deny permissions were taken out because they don't go with the
> idea of additive permissions.  I am wondering if the following is still
> going to be possible:  A shared calendar with default permissions of
> Show & Read so that all users who can log in see the calendar; but
> no guest permissions so that guests cannot see this calendar.  Before I
> was able to accomplish this by setting guest permissions to be
> explicitly deny for guests.  Is something like this still going to be
> possible without deny permissions?

Not the way things currently are. You could create a group that all users
are a member of, and grant permissions to that group. Or, I could see it
being reasonable to treat guest permissions as an all-or-nothing - i.e.,
don't check any permissions other than explicit guest permissions for guest
users.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.