[dev] Migration of IMP filters to ingo (soon)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jun 3 08:56:19 PDT 2003

Quoting Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>:

| On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 08:56, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
| > Quoting Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>:
| >
| > > ack!  Client side filtering won't work AT ALL?
| >
| > *sigh* No.
|
| Your sigh is throwing me off..
|
| Is that:
| *sigh*, Unfortunately it won't work.
| or
| *heavy sigh* <shaking head>, you idiot, of course it will work.

Quite possibly, my description was lacking.  What will happen is as follows:
1) All the filtering code (e.g. prefs, manipulation, actual filtering) will
be removed from the _IMP_ codebase.
2) All of this code will be moved to the _ingo_ codebase.

client-side IMAP filtering is *not* going away, it is just moving modules.
Thus, to continue using client-side filtering, you must configure ingo.
IMP will seamlessly work with ingo to continue to provide the filtering
capabilities.

michael