[dev] Reducing persistent database connections

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jun 5 07:16:17 PDT 2003

Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

> I'd like to alter all of our applications to _not_ request persistent
> connections and make it a rule that persistent connections only be
> requested by the Horde Framework itself and not by applications (at
> least in the default configuration).
>
> Comments on this?

I think largely it makes sense. Why do you want to keep them by default in
the framework, though? Doesn't the same logic apply?

I'd like to see this be a config setting for persistent or no, and I'm fine
with us defaulting it to no.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.