[dev] Issue with Postgres in SQL.php

Jeff Seifert seifert at everybody.org
Mon Jun 23 14:18:03 PDT 2003

In the library file horde/lib/SQL.php, I've run into a problem with the code
under the buildClause function for Postgres.  In particular, it relies on the
'SIMILAR TO' comparison operator.  Unfortunately, this operator (while SQL99
compliant) was only recently introduced in Postgres 7.3; older versions of
Postgres do not support this.  (I'm running 7.2.)

The following patch should allow it to work with Postgres version 7.1 or newer.
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but seems to work for me so far.  If anyone can
figure out a more efficient way to code this for Postgres, more power to them.

-Jeff
--
/* A progammer is a machine for turning coffee into code */