[dev] new Horde release: php5 or no?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 30 08:10:26 PDT 2003

> Most of the code *is* already PHP5-compatible, beside that parts that I
> couldn't test so far because of bugs in PHP5.

Very cool - thanks for your work on this. I'm hoping to start testing it too.

> I agree, but I also think we shouldn't jump on the PHP 5 wagon too early.
> Following the current discussions I expect PHP to change still a lot after
> the release of PHP 5.0.0.
> Another problem will be that our stable and development branches will then
> differ very much again, leading to the same situation as now, that only a
> few features and not even all bugfixes get merged to RELENG.

I agree here - I think we should make Horde 3.0 the focus and aim for it to be
viable and actively maintained for quite a while.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.