[dev] Pear Installer

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Sat Jul 5 18:25:44 PDT 2003

I'll post this question to the pear list after i've search the archives, but on
the off chance that someone here knows.

I'm having problems getting the pear installer to install into different
folders.

I have php_dir set to i:\temp\horde as this is where I want the pear registry
file to end up, and it does that fine. (pear config-set php_dir i:\temp\horde)
If I try and install a package into the horde/lib folder by running:
pear install -R i:\temp\horde\lib Horde_Text-0.0.1.tgz
It ends up in i:\temp\horde\lib\horde\temp.

For some reason the pear installer combines the two. I can make it install where
I want by changing the php_dir config option but then it creates new pear
registries and dependency checking won't work.

Anyone know how to get the pear installer to use a registry file in one folder
and install into another? This is the only thing stopping me from having the
whole Horde application installable from packages.

- Mike :-)

---
Mike Cochrane
mike at graftonhall.co.nz