[dev] missing conf.php

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl
Tue Jul 8 12:48:58 PDT 2003

Hi all,

ever so often, these mailinglists get the well-known question 'i am
missing conf.php'.
Now before you say: see (...)/docs/INSTALL, hear me out please.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to provide all modules with a conf.php.dist,
that contains one line telling the user that the file should be
generated by the admin module.

Imho, this would serve two goals:
1. You all would get less questions about the missing file, and
2. At least in my set-up the directory rights are set so, that the
apache user cannot create the file, so when installing a new module, i
would always have to go in as a superuser and create the file myself.

what do you think about this?

Kind Regards,

Ruben van der Steenhoven.