[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde problem.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Thu Jul 10 10:18:49 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:25:51PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
% > Looks like the default identity is created in Identity::'s constructor.
% > It populates from_addr from the from_addr pref, whic has an empty
% > default value. Should it be Auth::getAuth()?
%
% This is hidden in Identity_imp::getFromAddress(). It's actually not
% Auth::getAuth() but $imp['user'] . '@' . $imp['maildomain'].

I don't understand how Identity_imp::getFromAddress() is relevant here. Let
me try to explain a bit more.

Default identities are never saved (at least I never see them saved in my
prefs backend) unless the user explicitly saves them. So when
horde/problem.php instantiates Identity::, its constructor creates a default
identity (but does not save it).

The From address in this default identity is the value of
$prefs->getValue('from_addr'). The default value for from_addr is the empty
string ('').

What I'm (trying) to ask is: Should from_addr default to Auth::getAuth()
instead?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o