[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/scripts/db vfs.sql

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Thu Jul 10 12:52:52 PDT 2003

Yes, I'm a little behind.  No, this isn't correct.  BYTEA will work
because we encode all blobs with bin2hex, but changing this from TEXT
to BYTEA adds extra overhead since there really isn't any binary
data.  As mentioned in a thread on the horde list referring to
pgsql_sessionhandler, the parsing to properly quote and unquote BYTEA
correctly is pretty ugly.  If you want to write it such that it does,
feel free.  In the mean time, please revert this.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/horde/scripts/db/vfs.sql?r1=1.3&r2=1.4&ty=u