[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib CLI.php

René Lund Jensen lundeman at tbkol.dk
Wed Jul 16 14:13:00 PDT 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus at horde.org>:
>

>>  Given approval to require 4.3.0+ for HEAD, this is a more reliable check
>>  (at least in my tests) and makes the function valid before and after calls
>>  to init();
>>

>If we're going to start requring 4.3.0+ for HEAD (which is fine by me), there's
>a bunch of stuff we could make use of (file_get_contents(), etc.). Any
>objections?

Doing this you are gonna loose any user using rpm's from RedHat.
As beeing one of these users, I would not like this.
I really like RedHat's up2date feature with the RHN,
but updating PHP is not one of the things they do well :(

So if Horde was reqiurering PHP 4.3.0+, would mean that I could not use
Horde HEAD for a very long time.

René Jensen