[dev] questions re: horde w/ upgrade to php 4.3.2

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 18 16:38:30 PDT 2003

> > 2. horde/test.php reports
> >    memory_limit enabled: No (in red letters)
> > but the explanation below it seems to indicate that "No" is actually
> > acceptable
> > (in fact, it recommends recompiling PHP without the --enable-memory-limit
> > flag,
> > which I did). Is it a problem for it to be disabled, or am I letting the
> > red
> > wording mislead me?
>
> This has been fixed yesterday or today.

Right you are! I usually update before I ask questions, but I had seen some
commits a couple of days ago that looked like they were php 4.3.x specific, so
I didn't want to update until I got upgraded. I just updated horde/test.php and
all is green.

> > 3. I can no longer run pear from the command line. Typing "pear" returns
> > "bash:
> > /usr/local/bin/pear: No such file or directory". If I type "sh pear" it
> > works
> > as expected. I've checked environment variables, and run "sh pear
> > config-show",
> > but /usr/local/bin doesn't appear in the configuration. Any idea what
> > I've done
> > wrong?
>
> Sounds like the shebang line of you pear executable is hosed.

This is interesting. I was having the problem today, while I was ssh'd to my
server from work. When I got home, I ssh'd to the server from my workstation
and the pear script works fine. Strange, but it works now.

Thanks for your reply! It was very helpful, and I'm no longer worried about
horde requiring php 4.3

Rick