[dev] Fwd: HORDE in Japanese

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 21 10:45:34 PDT 2003

Thomas -
This would probably best be sent to the il8n at lists.horde.org list, but since
I am not a member of that list, I am going to send it to
dev at lists.horde.org.  Jan Schneider is our internationalization guru, so
hopefully he can help you out with this.

michael

----- Forwarded message from thomas at e-interwave.com -----
    Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:57:30 -1000
    From: Thomas Maadie <thomas at e-interwave.com>
 Subject: HORDE in Japanese
      To: slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu

Hi

I'm trying to find out if I can do some testing for the Japanese
interface of the HORDE web e-mail.  Currently, HORDE does
NOT display the following Japanese codes correctly on the same page:
ISO-2022JP (e-mail header), JIS Code (e-mail contents),
and S-JIS Code (HORDE web page).  Well.... it can but it's not smooth.
Obviously, it's cumbersome for a Japanese user,
and some fixing up needs to be done for HORDE to be used in Japan.

Can you please refer me to the proper person I need to contact?
Thank you very much.

Thomas Maadie
Interwave Corporation
Email thomas at e-interwave.com