[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: passwd main.php passwd/config backends.php.dist passwd/docs CHANGES passwd/templates/main main.inc

Max Kalika max+lists.horde.dev at lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue Jul 22 09:07:53 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Yes, it is to do the same thing; to allow you to "chain" drivers.
> Hence, my desire to make sure things are done the same way, that is
> done consistently, between passwd and horde (and any horde apps which
> have a composite driver).

Just so we're all on the same page, we're talking about something like
this, correct?

 *              composite    Allows you to chain multiple drivers together

$backends['composite'] = array(
   'name' => 'all services',
   'preferred' => '',
   'password policy' => array(
       'minLength' => 3,
       'maxLength' => 8,
       'maxSpace' => 0,
       'minUpper' => 0,
       'minLower' => 0,
       'minNumeric' => 0
   ),
   'driver' => 'composite',
   'params' => array(
       array(
           'name' => 'Samba Server',
           'driver' => 'smbpasswd',
           'params' => array(
               'program' => '/usr/bin/smbpasswd',
               'host' => 'localhost')
       ),
       array(
           'name' => 'Horde Authentication',
           'driver' => 'sql',
           'params' => array(
               'phptype'    => 'mysql',
               'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
               'username'   => 'horde',
               'password'   => '',
               'encryption' => 'md5-hex',
               'database'   => 'horde',
               'table'      => 'horde_users',
               'user_col'   => 'user_uid',
               'pass_col'   => 'user_pass',
               'show_encryption' => false)
       ),
   ),
);

> I'm very sorry that I don't have time to look at your code myself to
> determine if it is consistent or not; I'm unfortunately too busy to
> do so at this time.

No worries, I can get this in.

---max kalika
--max at lsit.ucsb.edu