Fwd: RE: [dev] Informix as db for Horde/IMP/Mnemo/Krnolith ?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 28 06:45:24 PDT 2003

Please keep conversations on the list so that they are archived and others can
answer.

----- Forwarded message from jim-cramer at uiowa.edu -----
    Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:49:54 -0500
    From: Jim Cramer <jim-cramer at uiowa.edu>
 Subject: RE: [dev] Informix as db for Horde/IMP/Mnemo/Krnolith ?
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Thanks Chuck,

 I have specified 'ifx' in config/horde.php and in the
backend configuration section of
the .php config files for knonolith and other apps I want
to use.  Below are my exact specifications in horde.php.

 Is there anything else
that I need to do to get PHP/Horde/Horde apps talking to
the specified database?  ':1526' is the port on the
data base server, 'server08', that the Informix engine is
listening for connections on.

 When the Horde login page comes up and I login, I get an
error that it cannot find the database.  I get:

"A fatal error has occurred:
DB Error: no such database
[line 108 of /usr/local/opt/apache-1.3.27/htdocs/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
Details have been logged for the administrator."

where it fails on &DB::connect.

Where is the log file this error is referring to?
Also, what sort of trace/debug facilities are available for me
to use to help track down what is going on?  I looked at
the &connect function in DB.php and it seems that it has some sort
of debug option.

Thanks much for your help,
Sincerely,

Jim Cramer
Data Base Administrator
Computer Systems Support,
College of Engineering,
University of Iowa

// This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
// The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
// horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'ifx';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'server08.icaen.uiowa.edu:1526';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '********';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'webmail';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck