[dev] IMP login template...

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Mon Jul 28 09:44:05 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 14:15, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > While it would perhaps be worth it if it's a page that's called so seldom
> > like the login page and if it simplifies the code.
>
> True. What I haven't heard is anyone say that they think this is vastly better
> or simpler. Anyone?

That's what I would like to hear too...

I think performance issues are secondary, since you always have several
ways to make is as fast or faster than the current method. Besides
optimizing the template stuff, we could for example, implement a feature
to pre-compile the templates (transform them in PHP code).

I'm almost sure that the template code could look simpler, so designers
could change it in an easier way. What I provided is just a start of it.
If I want to change the layout of IMP (change menu location, etc), I see
it easier done with Templates than with the current method.

Like a lot of people mentioned the mailbox template, I could start
converting it and see it's behavour.

nuno

--
Nuno Loureiro <nuno at co.sapo.pt>