[dev] whishlist.......

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl
Mon Jul 28 14:49:24 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

here are a few suggestions for nice-to haves on mainly IMP, but they
have to do with other Horde projects as well, and maybe even can be
ported to other applications in the Horde framework.

Fist thing on my list would be the ability to start some applications
from imp in their own pop-up window (like the message composer).
For instance: if i decide i want to blacklist someone based on a message
i received, i'd rather not be thrown into Ingo all the way, but rather
add the blacklist-item there and return to my old position.
Other examples may be adding notes in mnemo (to wich i'll come later),
adding appointments, meetings or tasks.
well... i guess you get my drift here...

Next thing would be the possibility of linking items, what came to my
mind first, was  the possibility to link a note to an e-mail, but when
you think it out, other items may come in handy too.

these are two things that i think could come in quite handy for most
users, and would take Horde and its applications more to the level of a
full-fledged PIM. I realize these issues may not be trivial to implement
though, and since i am not very experienced in the workings of the Horde
framework i think it sure is over my head.

What are your suggestions on this? Anyone who can take this on? I am
willing to help as far as i can...

Greetz,

Ruben.