[dev] Re: whishlist.......

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net
Tue Jul 29 00:04:40 PDT 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl>:
>

>>Fist thing on my list would be the ability to start some applications
>>from imp in their own pop-up window (like the message composer).
>>For instance: if i decide i want to blacklist someone based on a message
>>i received, i'd rather not be thrown into Ingo all the way, but rather
>>add the blacklist-item there and return to my old position.
>>Other examples may be adding notes in mnemo (to wich i'll come later),
>>adding appointments, meetings or tasks.
>>well... i guess you get my drift here...
>

> Popups are a fierce matter of debate, but as options this might be quite useful
> - I certainly wouldn't want to live without the compose window in a seperate
> window, etc.

Maybe this may be the way to go: Set up any application so that, based
on an URL-option it either starts full screen, or in a pop-up, and then
from the main-menu i'd propose to always call the full-screen versions,
but from context-menues (like in IMP) call it in a pop-up. This would
make things rather configurable. Wouldn't that suit most people?

>>Next thing would be the possibility of linking items, what came to my
>>mind first, was  the possibility to link a note to an e-mail, but when
>>you think it out, other items may come in handy too.
>

> We actually already have the Horde_Links api to do this - it shouldn't be very
> hard to tie IMP and Mnemo together with it at all.

OK, i'll try and see if i can get this on the road, i hope i can get it
working...

Ruben...