[dev] whishlist.......

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 29 09:26:00 PDT 2003

> Quoting Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.nl>:
>
> > Fist thing on my list would be the ability to start some applications
> > from imp in their own pop-up window (like the message composer).

[...]

> Popups are a fierce matter of debate, but as options this might be quite
> useful

Yes, I agree.  I'd like to see them myself.  I don't know how many times
I do a "control-N" to open a new window (my default homepage is my Horde
install) and then click on a link, so I can have to apps open at once...

> - I certainly wouldn't want to live without the compose window in a seperate
> window, etc.

Yes, indeed.  Here are some ideas:

0) A configuration option to open in popups (not practical IMHO).
1) A preference to allow it to open in a popup (ala compose).  Good, but not
   sure how hard to code it would be.
2) Some way to modify clicking to open in a popup (shift-click, alt-click,
   control-click, etc).  Not sure if this is possible.  But if so, it would
   be cool as you could control when it is a popup...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!