[dev] changing gollem move/copy

mike.varghese at ascellatech.com mike.varghese at ascellatech.com
Thu Jul 31 08:26:12 PDT 2003

I was wondering if I could change the move/copy functionality in gollem.
Right now, only move and copy to [ home ] folder is permitted.  I need to
implement something where I can move and copy files and folders to any
directory.  I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make move &
copy new actions under the actions menu.

First you would have cut and copy actions.  Cut would write the file or
folder to a clipboard (a temporary folder holding the data) and mark it
for deletion after being pasted.  Copy would write the file or folder to
a clipboard as well, but not mark it for deletion.  After a file or
folder is cut or copied, it is locked so you can't edit the file or
folder.  Then you browse to whatever folder you wish to paste the file or
folder.  Once you have pasted the file or folder, the "source" file or
folder is then deleted or unlocked depending on if it was selected for
cut or copy.

If this "clipboard" was made a temporary folder in horde's temp directory,
then when gollem is started up, it could be cleared for any lost data.

Please email me with any questions and suggestions.  I hope that this will
work well.

Michael Varghese

Ascella Technologies Inc., http://www.ascellatech.com