[dev] sasldb passwd change driver

Max Kalika max+lists.horde.dev at lsit.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:53:41 PDT 2003

Quoting Kash Badami <kash at iplicity.com>:

> I had a need to develop a password change driver for sasldb in the
> passwd module. We use cyrus with sasldb at my company. I am attaching
> the code for the driver as well as backends.php to work with the driver.

thanks!

> The driver uses the external program saslpasswd2 to update passwords in
> sasldb. If you folks need help configuring it send me an email. If you
> think it worthy to include in the drivers for the passwd module feel
> free to do so.

I haven't had a chance to look at the actual code, but I have a few quick
questions:  1) can it work with sasl1 (saslpasswd)? 2) Can you specify the
db? 3) How does it work with sasl realms?

> The driver also expects apache to be able to run saslpasswd2. By default
> only root can do so in most *NIX environments as well as Linux. Not sure
> about windows. So to solve this, some entries are needed in the
> /etc/sudoers file. I have apache run saslpasswd2 via sudo for security
> purposes. I have also provided an example sudoers file to help with
> configuration.

Can this work as a general 'exec' driver?  I think something like that was
posted here a while back.  Can't remember.

> I have yet to put in some additional error checking to identify issues
> that may occur when saslpasswd2 is called from the driver. I will do so
> shortly and provide an update.

Cool!  I'll wait for an update an look at that. (Kind of swamped right now).

--mk