[dev] IMP login template...

nuno at co.sapo.pt nuno at co.sapo.pt
Fri Aug 1 15:49:00 PDT 2003

> > I didn't benchmark this again, but anyway I think it's really possible
> > to put every page as fast or faster with horde templates than without. I
> > imagine here a way of pre-compiling the templates and transform them to
> > PHP, just like Smarty does. And mailbox.php with this will be faster
> > than now for sure..
>
> I'd still like to *see* that.
>
> Want to send the cleaned-up patches back to the list at some point?

Sure!

I'll send a patch next monday or tuesday for login after the cleanup and I hope
to submit also the first round for mailbox.

Still in the login template I was thinking what to do with the header and
footer. Probably it makes sense to include them in the template, so an HTML
editor sees a well formed page and it'll make it easy to download the CSS and
see a more closed version of what it would be.

Mailbox will also be cool to convert, because it'll make me to put my hands  in
the general layout of IMP (menu, message list). It'd be cool, and it's one of
the purposes of templating, to let the designer move around the basic elements
of the layout.

If anyone have anything to add to my comments, or want to make any comment about
this, I'd love to hear.

Nuno