[dev] Re: [core] Nag's future?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Aug 8 05:51:42 PDT 2003

Quoting Carlos Pedrinaci <xenic at nerim.net>:

> I'm actually building up a system for enabling better cooperation
> between coders from all over the world, in a common project. (You can
> see it as something similar to Sourceforge.net, but more focussed on
> creating a "Project Desktop").

Cool, sounds like it fits with a lot of what we're doing.

> Actually I'm focussing on sharing tasks between project developers, in
> particular, I want to make a tasks pool where developers can go and
> decide what to do next. I would like to allow also keep tracking of the
> project evolution by storing the tasks assignment during the project
> life cycle.

Sounds like a shared tasklist, which we have in Nag 2.0-cvs.

> I have been browsing your cvs and I saw that your improving Nag and it
> seems that your moving towards my direction in a certain way (by
> grouping tasks into project etc..) The same way, WHUPS is on the way and
> that would also be a very nice feature for our system.
> I'd like to get more information about your future lines for developing
> those systems (Nag and WHUPS). The same way I wonder whether it would be
> benefitial for both to join our efforts in improving your current tools.

You should join the dev list - dev at lists.horde.org - and discuss this there.
There are a number of people working on improvements to Whups, Turba, Nag, etc.
for project management/integration/cooperation, and I think your plans would
fit in well.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>