[dev] Some input on groups

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Thu Aug 14 12:00:53 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:44:59PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:
>
> > I haven't seen anything on the user/group stuff (I do selectively read the
> > lists tho, sorry), but I've implemented a pretty large system and learned
> > from a few mistakes.  So FYI, this is my experience:
>
> Hmm. Can you explain how these things would work with our user/group systems
> (which can be separated, and should stay that way)? Or would you ditch the
> categories-based implementation entirely. Etc... This seems kind of
> database-specific in general, so I'd like to see more specific-to-Horde
> suggestions.

Honestly, I haven't seen the category code, and I haven't seen the group
code.  I was under the impression from your other comment that the group
stuff was still being designed, and was trying to be helpful.

/ME goes to read category code...

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>