[dev] Patch: Gollem - Recognise links to dirs when listing dirs first

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Aug 21 17:01:06 PDT 2003

Quoting Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk>:

> As requested here's a patch to make symbolic links to dirs be sorted with
> dirs when 'list directories first' is enabled.

Committed, thanks!

> If people don't like this then an alternative would be to make both backends
> behave like file did.

This seems like a much better way to do it - thanks.

> For performance I also implemented isFolder in VFS/ftp. It now trys to chdir
> to the parameter and uses success and failure of that. (Rather than checking
> the listing of the parent directory.)

Cool.

> I have a question following on from what I found when making this change.
> When displaying the directory page the directory is listed from the ftp
> server twice. The cause is a second listing for directories only, made by
> manager.php calling Gollem::flistSelect. This eventually sets $folder_options
> but I can't see when this is ever used. Is there a reason for this second
> listing? I'd like to remove it if it's not used.

Yup, looks like the need for that went away with the new cut/paste code.
Removed.

> One minor bug - enter does not work when using the little change directory
> dialogue.

Patch?

> PS. A bug I've just found in Imp - if I save draft on a message with an
> attachment, and then later resume, the attachment is lost.

Please don't string unrelated stuff like this at the end of emails, it's just
going to get lost.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>