[dev] interesting article on templates

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Sep 15 20:26:45 PDT 2003

> > http://www.massassi.com/php/articles/template_engines/
>
> Good point. And nice to see that his template files almost look like Horde
> code. ;-)

True. :)

I think this reinforces my feeling on Horde_Template, though. It's essential for
things like Giapeto and other places where we don't want to allow execution of
PHP code in layout that's (well, eventually <g>) user-defined through the web
UI. It's great for things like reports. But it's not something that we want to
build heavy applications on.

We do want to be able to have things like Horde_Mobile, though, and to be able
to easily change the UI of an application like IMP. I just don't think
Horde_Template is the way to do it, though.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.