[dev] Re: Moving towards packages and Horde 3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Sep 20 11:04:01 PDT 2003

> HORDE_LIBS will be used to include all Horde packages. By default, it will be
> empty (''), meaning to search the include path. To accomodate this, inclusion
> of libs will now look like this: require_once HORDE_LIBS 'Horde/Help.php'; See
> the new core.php file and skeleton/lib/base.php for examples of how this will
> work/look.

> - Most of the content of horde/libs (except for core.php, version.php,
> base.php, and api.php, possibly a few more) will be moved (cvs repo copied)
> into a new module called 'framework'.

To accomodate the above steps, I'd like to propose an interim stage that will
allow us to move to using HORDE_LIBS without requiring package installs of
everything just yet (we should get tools set up to generate nightly package
builds, do installs/automatic upgrades, etc):

move (cvs repository copy, then delete the old versions) everything in
horde/lib/ to horde/lib/Horde/, so that the paths will match up. This would
leave out the VFS and XML_SVG packages, which are part of PEAR now and so won't
be in the Horde/ namespace, and also api.php, base.php, core.php, and
version.php.

Thoughts, comments? I can probably have this migration done this afternoon if
people are okay with this intermediate step. Otherwise, I'll try to do a commit
that uses core.php, but uses the old include paths, and then we can work on
packaging tools (I'd really appreciate some help with them).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.