[dev] Proposed reorg of some scripts in the horde/ module

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:38:02 PDT 2003

> The following scripts would stay in the top level:
>
> index.php
> login.php
> problem.php
> rpc.php
> test.php

I agree with that.

> Everything else I'd like to put into a new directory or directories. I'm not

If this is limited to the horde/ module, then I see no need to move everything
else, as it would then be inconsistent with other apps.  But if you plan
to redo the other apps also in the future, then that doesn't matter.

> guest.php (? maybe not)
> help.php

I don't see any real reason to move those...  Not really against it, just
don't see a real reason.

> menu.php

All the other apps used to have a menu.php.  So this was consistent.  It
seems we've dropped menu.php from the other apps, so I guess it doesn't
much matter any more.

> prefs.php

All the other apps have this in the top level.  Why not horde?

> signup.php (? maybe not)

I could go either way on that one.  I'd say either leave it top level,
or make it a separate directory for itself, or group it in a directory
with other admin functions like problem.php, signup.php, and guest.php.

> I know this probably seems a bit drastic, but I think we really need to get a
> good organization in place as the number of scripts we provide as core Horde
> services increases.

Okay.  But we can do it in smaller chunks if needed, rather than trying to
do it all at once.  If we (you, I'm too busy to help much) come up with a
great layout, then move it all.  Otherwise, maybe a piece-meal move towards
that goal, with that goal in sight, will work and make for less work...

> Feedback welcome, nay, required. :)

Well, I tried, but I don't have too much really on this issue.  Don't care
much myself what you do to the core horde module.  (Now, when you start messing
with applications, that impacts me more, as a horde application writer...)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!