[dev] Re: marking moved mail as new...

Ruben van der Steenhoven ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net
Thu Oct 2 06:40:36 PDT 2003

Etienne Goyer wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:34:43PM +0200, Ruben van der Steenhoven wrote:
>
>>Another approach then:
>>Would it be possible to duplicate the IMP-move functions in INGO?
>>Perhaps in that way we can come to consistent behaviour, although from
>>maintenance point of view, i really dislike the idea of duplicating
>>code, but in the current situation  the functionality is duplicated
>>anyway, just not with exactly the same rules...
>

> I have not followed the whole discussion thread, so my comments may
> apply or not.  Two things :
>
> - Instead of duplicating code in application, it should be moved upward
>   in the Horde library (if pertinent).
That would be my preference as well Etienne. Thanks for pointing that out.

> - I don't think Ingo actually move mail itself. It create a script
>   (Sieve or procmail) that is executed outside the scope of Horde.
>   Wheter procmail or timsieved mark moved as \Recent is outside our
>   control.  Is'nt it ?
This is where i am not sure... In my case i think INGO really does the
filtering itself, as i don't have Sieve, and Procmail does my Spam
filtering, i've commented out both Sieve and Procmail from backends.php
and set the driver to IMAP/none.
Everything works fine except for this little issue...

> Anyway, just my 0.02$ CDN (~0.0133$ USD).
That would be EUR 0.012970 ;-)