[dev] Re: marking moved mail as new...

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Oct 2 06:17:26 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:34:43PM +0200, Ruben van der Steenhoven wrote:
> Another approach then:
> Would it be possible to duplicate the IMP-move functions in INGO?
> Perhaps in that way we can come to consistent behaviour, although from
> maintenance point of view, i really dislike the idea of duplicating
> code, but in the current situation  the functionality is duplicated
> anyway, just not with exactly the same rules...

I have not followed the whole discussion thread, so my comments may
apply or not.  Two things :

- Instead of duplicating code in application, it should be moved upward
  in the Horde library (if pertinent).

- I don't think Ingo actually move mail itself. It create a script
  (Sieve or procmail) that is executed outside the scope of Horde.
  Wheter procmail or timsieved mark moved as \Recent is outside our
  control.  Is'nt it ?

Anyway, just my 0.02$ CDN (~0.0133$ USD).

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com