[dev] Prefs troubleshooting

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Sat Oct 4 12:50:10 PDT 2003

I updated my local HEAD installation this afternoon and found that my portal
layout had vanished. I'm using an SQL prefs backend and the pref was still
present there. I tried editing the portal view, and it looks like
services/portal_edit.php is receiving a null value for portal_layout from
the $prefs object. var_dump()ing the prefs object in Prefs::getValue()
yields mixed results - for a single page view, some var_dumps have
portal_layout defined, some don't.

Reverting lib/Prefs.php to 1.118 fixes things. Updating to that revision
also seems to have fixed the prefs problems for me that others have been
experiencing. I have another HEAD installation that also has this problem -
I'll report back once I've updated it.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o