[dev] Prefs troubleshooting

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Oct 4 13:30:58 PDT 2003

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> I updated my local HEAD installation this afternoon and found that my portal
> layout had vanished. I'm using an SQL prefs backend and the pref was still
> present there. I tried editing the portal view, and it looks like
> services/portal_edit.php is receiving a null value for portal_layout from
> the $prefs object. var_dump()ing the prefs object in Prefs::getValue()
> yields mixed results - for a single page view, some var_dumps have
> portal_layout defined, some don't.

Try what I just committed - portal_layout was showing up in the cache in
application scopes, not  in Horde's scope, because it wasn't set to 'shared'.
So it wasn't showing up when we were just in Horde scope. I decided to just
treat all Horde preferences as 'shared', since most of them are, anyways. This
seems to fix the problem.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>