[dev] article on SyncML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 6 07:39:40 PDT 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> I am going to read this article with interest. Some of our customers are
> screaming for Palm syncronization.  If PDA <-> Kronolyth syncronization
> could be made working with such a thing, I would be an happy man :)

You're not alone. :)

> I am confident SyncML support could be built in Horde, but there is the
> client side of thing that need to taken care of.  I had superficially
> investigated the issue recently, but found no client implementation
> outside of a few Nokia phone.  If somebody know of a client
> implementation for Palm and/or PocketPC (free or $$$, don't matter), I
> would like to hear about them.  I could probably convince my employer to
> let me work on Horde SyncML support if we know the client side can be
> taken care of by third-party software.

I don't know of a specific client right now, though I'm trying to find things
like that. Our general plan, though, is to implement the sycml spec and a
SyncML syncing server in Horde, and to then use that codebase to support
non-syncml clients as well, since it should give us everything we need to do
so.

I'm really going to try and start putting in some of the basics that we need for
syncing soon; help on this would be *great*.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.