[dev] javascript.php patch

Jason Rust jrust at rustyparts.com
Tue Oct 21 13:03:05 PDT 2003

> After more poking around it turns out I was chasing the wrong problem
> (sort of).  The page only hangs when there are lots of
> images to be loaded (like the month view of konqueror when there are
> several events in the month).  The page stops hanging when icons are
> disabled or (and I can't figure out why this also fixes it) when javascript
> sessions are turned off.  Not sure if there's any nice fix other than
> just disabling icons for IE mac users using a pref hook.

s/konqueror/kronolith/

Here's a hook that works for us for anyone that's interested:
// IE mac hangs when there are several icons to be loaded
function _prefs_hook_show_icons()
{
    $browser =& Browser::singleton();
    if ($browser->getPlatform() == 'mac' && $browser->getBrowser() == 'msie') {
        return false;
    }
    else {
        return true;