[dev] Skeleton Module License

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Oct 22 20:49:39 PDT 2003

Quoting Wil Van Cleve <vancleve at uchicago.edu>:

> Am considering development of a medical note taking module for Horde,
> but want to be hold off on deciding about licensing issues until I've
> decided how best to release what I write.
>
> The Horde Framework's license (LGPL) is great for me because of my need
> to take some time to think out these issues.
>
> The skeleton module's LICENSE file seems to indicate that the skeleton
> module code is LGPL in nature. The COPYING file is the GPL.
>
> Can someone provide some guidance to me here? If I develop code and use
> the skeleton as my template, am I tied to the GPL?

To be honest, I've never thought about a license with respect to skeleton
before. It's kind of a curious question. :)

I'm mostly inclined to say that it's an example, a template, etc. (thus the two
licenses, examples of the different ones we use) - do what you want with it.
There's somewhat more useful code in there now than there used to be, with the
driver example, but still.

I'm open to other views. Jan, I think you added the driver examples, what do you
think?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>