[dev] Patch for Category::getShortName

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Oct 24 22:25:57 PDT 2003

Quoting jvandal at infoteck.qc.ca:

> If I refer to the comment of Category::getShortName, this function is for
> display purpose only so if I change this function to get a "human text", I
> will not "break" any application, exact ? :)

Probably not, but you're loading a perms object and checking for a permission on
every getshortname call? Aside from the innefficiency of this, categories are
used for things other than permissions far more often than not, and this will
actually give a ton of false data if a non-permission category has the same
name as a permission.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>