[dev] Concerning Trean Javascript error:

Jason Rust jrust at rustyparts.com
Thu Nov 6 09:40:23 PST 2003

> In Trean, however, the Categories side of the Browse window is blank and I
> get the following Javascript error (in IE 6, Windows XP Pro)
>
> Line: 293
> Char: 1
> Error: 'Horde_Tree' is undefined
> Code: 0

We had this problem and it turned out to be our arg_separator setting.
We had set it to & to try and be more standards compliant.  However,
Horde::url() runs the url through htmlentities.  This turns urls that
were:
/horde/index.php?foo=bar&sessid=abc
into:
/horde/index.php?foo=bar&sessid=abc
That causes the <script> tags to not pass the correct arguments to
javascript.php so Horde_Tree never gets loaded.

The simple solution would be to remove the htmlentities() call, but I'm
not sure why it was put there in the first place.

-Jason