[dev] Horde Metar Block

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 10 07:56:30 PST 2003

I have a horde metar block that is seperate from jonah (mostly) and uses pear's
Services_Weather module. It needs some clean-up (I still need to look at CODING
STANDARDS) before I'll be ready to post patches, and I have a couple of
questions I hope somebody can answer for me:

1. Right now, I'm using the metar.php(.dist) file from horde/jonah/config for
the locations and ICAO codes, but I'd like to pull this information from the
horde database (Services_Weather comes with a nice little script that populates
a couple of tables from NOAA data). Is there an example I can look at for
getting block parameters from a database instead of a file?

2. PEAR's Services_Weather files are throwing a couple of Notices at the top of
my summary page (probably because of my horde debug level; I don't get them on
a php script I wrote from scratch). Is there an example of how I can silence
them? I don't want to modify the PEAR files unless I have to.

Thanks in advance

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"