[dev] more ansel tweaks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 14 11:31:46 PST 2003

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

> Quick rundown:

I've applied most of this, thanks!

> - added some padding to the preview image on the tiles.  I just think it looks
>   better having a buffer between the dark background and the actual image.

Mostly added, thanks.

> - put the image, description, next/prev arrows in a greybox (when viewing a
>   screen image).  The arrows seemed to get lost too easily on the dark
>   background.  If I hadn't been keeping up on the mailing list, I'd completely
>   overlook them.  It also plays along with the reasoning as above, I think it
>   looks better with a buffer from the background

Agreed; I hadn't looked at the image view with the default theme. I took the
liberty of making it a white background, though - seems a bit nicer than gray.

> - gave the perpage preference a system-wide max.

Good, committed.

> - if perpage is not set, it defaults to 9.  0 doesn't work out so well.

Also very good, thanks. :)

> - Tiles now honor the showdefaultimage preference.  I really only added this
> for completeness.  Not sure why anybody would use the tile view without a
> preview, but this at least lets them.

I left this out on purpose, on the reasoning that it's a valid preference with
the list view, but not really useful with tiles, and this way you can have no
previews in the gallery list, and switch back and forth between the tile view
without the tile view being useless. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe