[dev] more ansel tweaks

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Fri Nov 14 11:41:38 PST 2003

> > - Tiles now honor the showdefaultimage preference.  I really only added
> this
> > for completeness.  Not sure why anybody would use the tile view without a
> > preview, but this at least lets them.
>
> I left this out on purpose, on the reasoning that it's a valid preference
> with
> the list view, but not really useful with tiles, and this way you can have no
> previews in the gallery list, and switch back and forth between the tile view
> without the tile view being useless. :)

Makes sense.  Maybe we should look into reorganizing the preferences a bit, so
all of these options make sense to the end user when put together.  I haven't
really messed with preferences except for tweaking prefs.php files.  Is there a
way to disable a pref when another pref puts it out of context?  Or would that
be pushing a custom pref form?

--Ben