[dev] omnipresent menu

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Thu Nov 27 22:45:39 PST 2003

Included is a patch that allows the side menu to always be displayed.

I submitted a simular patch a quite a while ago which was rejected.  Looking
back, it was probably a good thing that it was rejected.  I had messed with a
lot of stuff that didn't need to be messed with.  Now that I have been working
more in-depth with horde for a while, I feel fairly confident that this patch
will not hurt any other functionality.

I need this functionality for my website, as I am providing a guest-based site &
all of the installed modules have to be displayed, whether there is an
authenticated user or not.  So, this code *will* be used on my website.  It
would be great if it could be commited to CVS so I don't have to worry about
repatching after every update.

I have thrown every test scenario at it that I can think of.  This particular
patch only works with the horde authentication, but I will finish it up with
imp support as soon as I get a chance (it's late & I'm going bed :)

If anybody wants a demo before deciding on whether this is commit-worthy or not,
email me & I'll send you the link to my development site where it is currently
running.

Feedback welcome!

Files modified:
horde/config/conf.php.dist