[dev] omnipresent menu

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Sat Nov 29 09:09:43 PST 2003

> Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:
>
> > Well, I spent about 2 hours trying to get the imp auth to behave the same
> > way. No luck.  It's too different.  It uses the redirect.php as the target
> &
> > there's no way to make the menu frame reload on a redirect unless we make
> > *every* file check for a parameter to reload the menu frame.  That doesn't
> > sound too appealing to me...
>
> I agree. Anyone have any bright ideas on this one?

I tried making the menu reload when the login form was submitted, but it would
reload before the authentication could finish.  So, the login/logout would
still be incorrect.  I wonder if there is a way to have a delayed reload.  I'll
keep messing with it.

> > I'll look into moving away from _top.  Maybe we could have an 'invisible'
> > frame of size=0 at the bottom & name it.  I'll see what I can come up with.
>
> How would an invisible frame address this? As an auth handler? I've thought
> of
> having an invisible frame before, as a way of having alarm popups, etc...

What I meant was have a frame that takes up the whole browser window.  This
would be the side-effect of having an invisible frame.  The full-screen frame
could be used for the target instead of _top.  I didn't have a whole lot of
luck with this either, though.

--Ben