[dev] omnipresent menu

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Nov 29 09:50:50 PST 2003

Zitat von Ben Chavet <ben at chavet.net>:

> Of course, with prefs.php, we know exactly where it is going to go...back
> prefs.php.  With redirect.php, it could go anywhere.

Ah, of course. This is actually something that annoyed me always when I
wanted to change something in the login process or track a bug down.

The transparent authentication drivers are suffering from the same problem
btw. You don't get the menu, because there is no redirect.php or login.php
involved that normally takes care of redirecting to index.php/the frameset.

I already banged my head a few times at trying to make the login process and
interaction between the different scripts less complex and more elegant.
Perhaps you will have more luck. :-)

The whole what-page-to-load-next logic that is scattered across different
index.php/login.php/redirect.php scripts doesn't belong there IMHO. There
should only be login.php scripts (in the modules that provide
authentication) redirecting to themselves and handling the authentication.
The rest should be done by the maintenance framework that currently is
involved in the login process anyway.

Jan.