[dev] Release Engineering: Showstoppers

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 08:28:02 PST 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:58:21PM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> > - Convert remaining conf.php.dist files to conf.xml files. How about
> Horde's
> > conf.php.dist file? Should we keep both, a conf.php.dist and a conf.xml
> > version?
>
> Yes.  At least, keep the conf.php.dist.  Considering you need to have
> Horde setted up before you can access the other application
> configuration through the web, there must ba a way to setup Horde "by
> hand".  Personnally, I am not too hot about these conf.xml file, but I
> can see the need for "through-the-web" configuration.

more that the "through-the-web" friendly gui feel, the .xml have the advantage
of not having to keep diff-ing config files to death...

so yeah, .xml would be good for conf.php.dist, and yes the problem of accessing
an .xml web config screen before horde is configured should be resolved
somehow. only fear of how confusing/easy will it be maintaining both an .xml
and a .dist?

m.