[dev] Release Engineering: Versions

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 14:15:52 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:11:08PM -0600, Marcus I. Ryan wrote:

> Would it be hard to add a version that includes the dirs for an anonymous
> checkout from CVS? Have an exported (non-CVS) tarball and a CVS tarball?
> Then we can just tell them to get tarball app-ver_horde-ver_cvs.tar.gz as a
> base and cvs update it.

That's possible, but I think that's too much hand-holding.  I would
rather just document the exact commands that the end user should type,
or provide a shell script solution.

We could also add some "magical" CVS module names that "do the right
thing" and pull a bundle that includes matching (horde, framework) and
(*apps).

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)