[dev] Release Engineering: Showstoppers

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Dec 12 20:08:05 PST 2003

> Let's collect showstoppers that *have* to be fixed/done before the releases.

We should put up a Wicked Wiki somewhere to track all these lists. :)

> This is an uncomplete list in no specific order:
>
> - Convert remaining conf.php.dist files to conf.xml files. How about Horde's
> conf.php.dist file? Should we keep both, a conf.php.dist and a conf.xml
> version?

Right now, I don't see how we can make Horde use a conf.xml file and still make
it easy to get a base system up. Though, I guess we could have a bare-bones
conf.php.dist that contained defaults like a very simple auth setup, file-based
tokens, etc., that would let someone get to the admin page? That's potentially
worth exploring, for consistency if nothing else.

> - Fix preferences with a "none" preference backend

What's the issue here?

> - Fix or better cleanup redirection/frameset loading code

Yup. Not really looking forward to this one.

> - Package remaining Horde libs

Yup. Thanks Michael!

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe