[dev] Release Engineering: Showstoppers

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Dec 13 01:43:42 PST 2003

> > Let's collect showstoppers that *have* to be fixed/done before the
> releases.
>
> We should put up a Wicked Wiki somewhere to track all these lists. :)

That was my first thought too. :-) But we need at least perms and
notifications in wicked.

> > This is an uncomplete list in no specific order:
> >
> > - Convert remaining conf.php.dist files to conf.xml files. How about
> Horde's
> > conf.php.dist file? Should we keep both, a conf.php.dist and a conf.xml
> > version?
>
> Right now, I don't see how we can make Horde use a conf.xml file and
> still make
> it easy to get a base system up. Though, I guess we could have a
> bare-bones
> conf.php.dist that contained defaults like a very simple auth setup,
> file-based
> tokens, etc., that would let someone get to the admin page? That's
> potentially
> worth exploring, for consistency if nothing else.

That might be worth a look.

> > - Fix preferences with a "none" preference backend
>
> What's the issue here?

At least the default Horde prefs (didn't check for others) are not loaded if
using the "none" backend. This might or might not be related to the folder
contents not showing up without a permanent prefs backend.

> > - Fix or better cleanup redirection/frameset loading code
>
> Yup. Not really looking forward to this one.

I hear you.

Jan.